[institut] [phys4phys] Group for Gravitation, Particle and Fields seminar, Friday, 17 May 2024

dgocanin dgocanin at ipb.ac.rs
Wed May 15 21:59:16 CEST 2024

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the seminar of the Group for Gravitation,
Particles and Fields, which will be held on Friday, 17 May 2024, at
11:00 at the Institute of Physics Belgrade, lecture hall 360.

The talk entitled:

Symmetry breaking mechanisms of the 3BF action for the Standard Model
coupled to gravity

will be given by Pavle Stipsić (Institute of Physics Belgrade).

Abstract: We study the details of the explicit and spontaneous symmetry
breaking of the constrained 3BF action representing the Standard Model
coupled to Einstein-Cartan gravity. First, we discuss how each
particular constraint breaks the original symmetry of the topological
3BF action. Then we investigate the spontaneous symmetry breaking and
the Higgs mechanism for the electroweak theory in the constrained 3BF
form, in order to demonstrate that they can indeed be performed in the
framework of higher gauge theory. A formulation of the Proca action as a
constrained 3BF theory is also studied in detail.

Time: May 17, 2024 11:00 Belgrade

Institute of Physics Belgrade, lecture hall 360, 2nd floor

BigBlueButton platform link:
https://gravityserver.ipb.ac.rs/b/mar-ae0-f4q-qww