[hep-th] seminar

Branislav Cvetkovic cbranislav at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Apr 12 23:02:49 CEST 2011

Postovane kolege,
u petak 15. aprila u 11 h na Institutu za fiziku, u sali 300, Marko
Vojinovic ce odrzati drugo iz serije predavanja o "Loop" kvantnoj
gravitaciji. U prilogu vam saljem apsrtrakt seminara.

Pozdrav Branislav

Title: Introduction to Loop Quantum Gravity (2/3)
Abstract:
This is the second seminar in the 3-lecture course on Loop Quantum
Gravity. We shall demonstrate the procedure of nonperturbative canonical
quantization of general relativity in the Schroedinger picture. The main
topics to be reviewed are the classical and quantum constraints,
definition and separability of the Hilbert space, loop transform and spin
network basis. Finally, we shall discuss the area and volume operators
and their spectra, as an introduction to the spinfoam formalism (third
lecture). The lectures are mainly intended for graduate students, so the
technical level will not be high and should be suitable for everyone
interested.