[hep-th] seminari

Branislav Cvetkovic cbranislav at ipb.ac.rs
Fri Nov 7 13:00:32 CET 2014

Postovane kolege,

U okviru bilateralnog projekta "Gravitacija u kvantnom
prostor-vremenu", prof. dr Fedele Lizzi (Università di Napoli Federico
II) ce boraviti u Beogradu u periodu od 13. do 20. novembra i odrzati
sledece seminare:

1. Petak, 14. novembar 2014, Institut za fiziku, 11 casova sala 300
(ukoliko zbog izvodjenja gradjevinskih radova sala 300 bude nedostupna,
seminar ce se odrzati u sali 10)

Spectral Geometry

I will introduce the view of geometry based on the algebraic approach.
The formalism is built in such a way that it can be generalized to the
case in which the algebra, implicitly defining the space,  is
noncommutative, hence a ``noncommutative geometry''.
I will then discuss the natural action for these spaces, the spectral
action, and some of its properties with respect to renormalization.

2. Sreda, 19. novembar 2014, Fizicki fakultet, 11 casova amfiteatar 661

Noncommutative Geometry and the standard model

I will introduce the approach to the standard model based on
noncommutative geometry as pionereed by Chamseddine and Connes. I will
(re)-introduce the spectral action, and its predictive power. I will
then discuss the issues relating the gauge symmetries of the standard
model and almost commutative geometries.

                       Pozdrav Branislav

--
Institute of Physics Belgrade
Pregrevica 118, 11080 Belgrade, Serbia