[hep-th] Seminar - Vuk Mandic, cetvrtak, 9. juna, 13:15

Dusko Latas latas at ipb.ac.rs
Wed Jun 8 13:40:57 CEST 2016

Postovane koleginice i kolege,

Podsecam vas na seminar "First Direct Detection of Gravitational Waves"
Vuka Mandica (University of Minnesota) koji se se odrzati u cetvrtak, 9.
juna u 13:15 u Velikom fizickom amfitetatru (sala 661)

Abstract:

On September 14, 2015 the Advanced LIGO gravitational-wave detectors
recorded the first signature of a merger of two black holes. This event
marks the beginning of gravitational-wave astrophysics,  enabling a new
approach to studying various astrophysical phenomena. I will describe
the LIGO detectors and the event they recorded, and I  will discuss the
implications of this observation as well as our expectations for future
observations.

Pozdrav,
Dusko Latas