[hep-th] seminar

Branislav Cvetkovic cbranislav at ipb.ac.rs
Mon Jun 27 14:09:48 CEST 2016

Postovane kolege,

u petak 1. jula u 11 h na Institutu za fiziku Vitalij Vancurin sa
Univerziteta u Minesoti odrzace seminar pod naslovom
"Theory and Applications of String Fluids". Apstrakt vam prosledjujem
u nastavku.

Pozdrav Branislav

Abstract: Many physical systems contain extended one-dimensional
objects whose collective behavior is not well understood. These could
be cosmic strings after phase transition,  topological defects in
liquid crystals, magnetic field lines in  magnetohydrodynamics, vortex
lines in quantum turbulence,  galactic filaments in the large scale
structure, gluon flux-tubes in quantum chromodynamics, or even
fundamental strings near Hagedorn temperature. In this talk I will
describe how such systems can be modeled in terms of the so-called
string fluids whose distinguishing feature is the presence of a
conserved antisymmetric  tensor current. The theory is based on a
kinetic theory of strings and on an effective filed theory
descriptions of string fluids which I will discuss in some details. I
will also discuss some applications of string fluids to relativistic
networks of cosmic strings, superfluids and magnetohydrodynamics. In
particular, I will present two new solutions of magnetohydrodynamics
(one on curved background and one with dynamical gravity) that were
obtained using an effective filed theory of string fluids.

--
Institute of Physics Belgrade
Pregrevica 118, 11080 Belgrade, Serbia