[hep-th] Seminar grupe za gravitaciju, cestice i polja, 21. april 2023

Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric dmarija at ipb.ac.rs
Wed Apr 19 19:30:53 CEST 2023

Zdravo svima,

trece predavanje u okviru mini ciklusa o Batalin-Vilkovisky formalizmu i
njegovoj primeni u kvantizacji teorije polja na (ne)komutativnom
prostoru ce  Voja Radovanovic (Fizicki fakultet) odrzati u petak 21.
aprila.

Naslov:  Batalin-Vilkovisky formalism and quantization of gauge field
theories

Asptrakt:

In these series of lectures we will review the Batalin-Vilkovisky (BV)
formalism and its applications. This formalism is a generalization of
the BRST quantization and it is frequently used in field theory and
quantum mechanics. One of the advantages of the BV formalism is that it
provides a well defined quantization for theories that cannot be
quanized by the Faddev-Popov path integral approach. In particular,
gauge field theories with complicated gauge symmetries (reducible and/or
with an open algebra) are quantized in the framework of this formalism.

In the third lecture we will discuss some examples of reducible and/or
open gauge symmetries. Then we will introduce notions of antifields,
antibracket and BV laplacian, derive their properties and discuss the
classic and the quantum master equations and their solutions.  Finally,
we will present few relevant examples: Yang-Mills theory, toplogical
Yang-Mills theory and the antisymmetric tensor field theory.

Seminar pocinje u 11:15 uzivo na Fizickom fakultetu u sali 665.

Pozdrav!

Marija

--
Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric