[hep-th] Seminar grupe za gravitaciju, cestice i polja, 28 april 2023

Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric dmarija at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Apr 25 11:09:43 CEST 2023

Zdravo svima,

Dr. James Fullwood (School of Mathematical Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong
University) ce odrzati seminar u petak 28. aprila.

Naslov:  On Quantum States Over Time

Asptrakt: While in relativity theory space evolves over time into a
single entity known as spacetime, quantum theory lacks a standard notion
of how to encapsulate the dynamical evolution of a quantum state into a
single "state over
time". Recently there is an emerging interest in the formulation of such
dynamical quantum states, resulting in various approaches to their
construction. In our work with Arthur Parzygnat, we have developed a
general approach which
we have recently shown is equivalent to the pseudo-density matrix
formalism of Fitzsimons, Jones and Vedral, which was initially
introduced to treat temporal and spatial correlations in quantum theory
on equal footing. In this talk,
we review the general theory of such states over time, and go over some
recent applications, such as a dynamical quantum Bayes' rule,
time-reversal for quantum systems, and quantum mechanical world lines.
We then conclude with some
ideas on how quantum states over time may yield "spacetime states"
associated with a causal set.

Seminar pocinje u 11:15 uzivo na Fizickom fakultetu u sali 665.

Pozdrav!

Marija

--
Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric