[hep-th] Seminar grupe za gravitaciju, cestice i polja, 24. mart 2023

Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric dmarija at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Mar 21 14:36:18 CET 2023

Zdravo svima,

evo najave prvog predavanja u okviru mini ciklusa o Batalin-Vilkovisky
formalizmu i njegovoj primeni u kvantizacji teorije polja na
(ne)komutativnom prostoru. Voja Radovanovic (Fizicki fakultet) ce
predavanje odrzati u petak 24. marta.

Naslov:  Batalin-Vilkovisky formalism and quantization of gauge field
theories

Asptrakt:

In these series of lectures we will review the Batalin-Vilkovisky (BV)
formalism and its applications. This formalism is a generalization of
the BRST quantization and it is frequently used in field theory and
quantum mechanics. One of the advantages of the BV formalism is that it
provides a well defined quantization for theories that cannot be
quanized by the Faddev-Popov path integral approach. In particular,
gauge field theories with complicated gauge symmetries (reducible and/or
with an open algebra) are quantized in the framework of this formalism.

In the first lecture we will describe the standard field theory approach
to the BV quantization. To start with, we will introduce notions of
antifields, antibracket and BV laplacian and derive their properties.
Then we will discuss the classic and the quantum master equations and
their solutions.  Finally, we will present few relevant examples:
Yang-Mills theory, toplogical Yang-Mills theory and the antisymmetric
tensor field theory.

Seminar pocinje u 11:15 uzivo na Fizickom fakultetu u sali 665.

Pozdrav!

Marija

--
Marija Dimitrijevic Ciric