[hep-th] Seminar grupe za gravitaciju, čestice i polja, 10. novembar 2023.

dgocanin dgocanin at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Nov 7 23:22:09 CET 2023

Zdravo svima,

najavljujem da će u petak, 10. novembra, Ana Knežević (Fizički fakultet
Univerzitet u Beogradu) održati seminar na Institutu za fiziku.

Naslov: Hyperbolic lattices

Apstrakt: Hyperbolic lattices connect gravitational theories, topology,
algebraic geometry, condensed matter physics, etc. They are a new form
of synthetic quantum matter, where particles propagate coherently on the
sites of a regular structure that appears aperiodic from the vantage
point of Euclidean geometry but is periodic in the case of 2D hyperbolic
space. The lattice that we are researching is embedded in the Poincaré
disk. We will start by comparing lattices in 2D Euclidean geometry with
those in 2D hyperbolic space. In order to put any {p,q} (Schläfli
symbols) lattice on a Poincaré disk, we will go back to our hyperbolic
space and analyze its symmetry.  Our main goal is to construct discrete
symmetry of the {p,q}-lattice from the Lié algebra (continual symmetry)
of the hyperbolic space. In this manner, we can describe the hyperbolic
crystal on the same footing as a crystalline lattice in flat space,
which will furthermore allow us to systematically study band structures
on such curved-space crystals.

Seminar počinje u 11:15 uživo na Institutu za fiziku u sali 360 na 2.
spratu. Osim toga, seminar se može pratiti i preko linka

https://gravityserver.ipb.ac.rs/b/mar-ae0-f4q-qww

Pozdrav,
Dragoljub