[hep-th] Seminar grupe za gravitaciju, čestice i polja, petak, 24. novembar 2023.

dgocanin dgocanin at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Nov 21 23:05:15 CET 2023

Zdravo svima,

najavljujem da će u petak, 24. novembra, Dušan Đorđević (Fizički
fakultet Univerzitet u Beogradu) održati seminar na Institutu za fiziku.

Naslov: Boundary terms and branes in the first-order gravity

Apstrakt: The story of boundary terms in a gravity action dates back to
the seventies, yet there are still important questions that need to be
fully understood. In this talk, we will revisit the role of the
Gibbons-Hawking-York boundary term in the Einstein-Hilbert gravity, with
a clear motivation to address the issue of bottom-up AdS/BCFT duality in
a case where bulk geometry is Riemann-Cartan. We will comment on
different approaches to GHY-like boundary terms in this scenario and
then use our knowledge to understand the issue of end-of-the-world
branes with (traditional) Neumann boundary conditions in the first-order
gravity, which is a necessary step to address the AdS/BCFT duality
adequately. Our analysis will be based on a simple set of gravity
theories in different dimensions. Apart from this, we will also touch
upon the issue of black hole thermodynamics.

Seminar počinje u 11:15 uživo na Institutu za fiziku u sali 360 na 2.
spratu. Osim toga, seminar se može pratiti i preko linka

https://gravityserver.ipb.ac.rs/b/mar-ae0-f4q-qww

Pozdrav,
Dragoljub