[institut] Mini kurs iz "loop" kvantne gravitacije

Branislav Cvetkovic cbranislav at ipb.ac.rs
Mon Apr 4 21:30:13 CEST 2011

Postovane kolege,
saradnik instituta za fiziku dr Marko Vojinovic, koji boravi na
postdoktorksom usavrsavanju na Univerzitetu Lusofona u Lisabonu ce odrzati
mini kurs iz "loop" kvantne gravitacije. Prvo od tri predavanja bice odrzano
u sali 300 u petak 8. aprila u 11 h. U prilogu vam prosledjujem sazetak
predavanja.

                                               Branislav Cvetkovic

Abstract:

This is a first seminar in the 3-lecture course on Loop Quantum  Gravity. We
shall begin with the formulation of the problem of  quantization of the
gravitational field, discuss the main issues, various approaches to QG, and
mention their main features and drawbacks. Then we shall focus attention on
LQG approach and discuss  the properties of the classical LQG action, before
going into the details of the canonical quantization (second lecture) and
covariant quantization (third lecture). The lectures are mainly intended for
graduate students, so the technical level will not be high and should be
suitable for everyone interested.