[institut] PC IPB Seminar: Dušan Popov-Čeleketić, Wednesday, 26 July, 12:00

Aleksandar Krmpot krmpot at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Jul 25 00:15:10 CEST 2017

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to the Photonics Center (PC) of IPB seminar
which will be held on Wednesday, 26 July 2017 at 12:00 in "Dr. Dragan
Popović" library reading room of the Institute of Physics Belgrade. The
talk entitled

"Fluorescence Self Quenching STED FLIM Microscopy - new super resolution
microscopy technique"

will be given by Dr. Dušan Popov-Čeleketić (Faculty of Science Utrecht
University, Netherlands).

Abstract of the talk: In STimulated Emission Depletion (STED) microscopy
multiple dyes are required to study structures or processes involving
two or more proteins. We demonstrate that a single dye can be used to
differentiate cellular structures based on the fluorescence lifetime
differences caused by fluorescence self-quenching (FSQ). Lifetime was
measured by combining STED with Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging (FLIM)
microscopy. Following the intensity of FSQ, i.e. differences in
lifetime, we can also analyze the mechanisms of the intracellular
transport. Our novel method FSQ-STED-FLIM microscopy makes use of a
single dye with a single STED beam pair thereby reducing the complexity
of the STED system and providing super-resolution without chromatic
aberrations and thermal drifts.

Best regards,

Aleksandar Krmpot

--

dr Aleksandar J. Krmpot, viši naucni saradnik
Centar za fotoniku

dr. Aleksandar J. Krmpot, associate research professor
Photonics center
Institute of Physics, Pregrevica 118, 11080 Belgrade- Zemun, SERBIA

telefon/phone:  +381 11 3713 012
faks/fax:       +381 11 3162 190
mobilni/cell:   +381 64 202 65 62
e-posta/e-mail: krmpot at ipb.ac.rs