[institut] Fwd: PhD and postdoc position openings

Aleksandar Krmpot krmpot at ipb.ac.rs
Tue Jul 18 17:55:38 CEST 2023

Drage koleginice i kolege,

Prosleđujem vam informaciju o otovorenoj postdoc poziciji na Institutu
za fiziku u Zagrebu.

Zainteresovani se mogu javiti meni ili pak koleginici Ticijani Ban
direktno.

Pozdrav

Aleksandar

---

dr Aleksandar J. Krmpot, naucni savetnik
BioPhysLab
Institut za fiziku, Pregrevica 118, 11080 Beograd-Zemun, SRBIJA

dr. Aleksandar J. Krmpot, research professor
BioPhysLab
Institute of Physics, Pregrevica 118, 11080 Belgrade- Zemun, SERBIA

telefon/phone:  +381 11 3713 012
mobilni/cell:   +381 64 202 65 62
e-posta/e-mail: krmpot at ipb.ac.rs
www.hemmaginero.rs [1]
www.ipb.ac.rs [2]
http://www.ipb.ac.rs/en/istrazivanja/laboratorije-2/laboratorija-za-biofiziku/

PhD and postdoc positions
@the Quantum Technology Group at the CALT Department of the Institute of
Physics in Zagreb, Croatia, http://cold.ifs.hr/
Openings July 2023
We are happy to announce openings for PhD and postdoc positions. We are
looking for
talented and highly-motivated candidates to join our Quantum Technology
Group at the
Institute of Physics in Zagreb, Croatia.
Who we are
We are an experimental group engaged in research in the field of quantum
simulators based
on (ultra)cold atoms, quantum metrology and sensors, and quantum
communications. The
group consists of three research teams working on: a) development of new
techniques for
laser cooling and trapping of cold rubidium atoms, b) establishment of
an optical atomic clock
based on cold strontium atoms, the operational atomic clock is expected
by the end of 2023,
and c) development of new types of optical frequency comb based quantum
memories.
For more details abour our research visit our web page at
http://cold.ifs.hr/
PhD position:
The project will involve the development of an optical atomic clock
based on cold strontium
atoms and the dissemination of the optical clock frequency to users, for
the purpose of the
atomic clocks synchronization. The dissemination of the optical clock
frequency will be carried
out within the project Deployment of the first experimental QCI system
and network in the
Republic of Croatia (CrOQCI). The candidate will be embedded in an
active research
environment. Research methods include high-resolution laser
spectroscopy, frequency
stabilization techniques of continuous-wave lasers and optical frequency
combs, and laser
cooling and trapping techniques.
Postdoc position:
The post forms part of a larger project on deployment of the first
experimental quantum
communication infrastructure systems and network in the Republic of
Croatia (CroQCI). The
project will involve the development of high-performance quantum memory
for application
in quantum communication. The candidate will be embedded in an active
research
environment and will work on development of modular systems, such as
systems for the
generation of atomic vapours, frequency stabilized laser systems, high
finesse optical cavities
and photon synchronization and detection systems, and their integration
in quantum
memory.
If you are interested, send an email to ticijana at ifs.hr  and I will
inform you
about the details of the application. Looking forward to your
application.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.hemmaginero.rs